Stone Design Gypsum Stone-Look Wall Decor is a gypsum wall panel for interior use that is available in a variety of colors and shapes. Our Gypsum Stone Veneers have major benefits when it is compared to traditional manufactured stone veneer: it is lighter, it is thinner, and it is a real easy DIY installation job. With 3lbs. per square feet, it is only 20% the weight of traditional stone veneer. This is truly a dream product for your first Do-It-Yourself project, since it can be applied directly over unfinished drywall with a premixed tile adhesive, without any additional structural support or the use of machinery.
- Rustic style stone-look interior wall decoration
- 21.53 sqft per box based on one inch mortar joint
- Dry stack application will decrease the coverage
- Large variety of patterns and surfaces
- Large variety of sizes and shapes
- Installation with a grout line is recommended
- Can be used for interior walls, fireplace surrounds, over drywall, concrete, and wood
- A regular transparent gypsum primer/sealer is recommended to seal the stone
- Shade variation: V2 - Slight Variation
- PEI rating: PEI 1 - Very Light Traffic
- Environmentally friendly, and cost effective
- Dutch Quality Stone: designed and made in The Netherlands
Stone Design stone-look plaster wall decoration are designed as a light and practical alternative for interior walls. The realistic stone-look panels can be used to create beautiful residential or commercial feature walls in all different shapes and colors. The cast panels are made of high quality and durable reinforced gypsum composite with the color blended throughout. The Luberon- and Mercurey series represent a beautiful rustic fieldstone, the Pegasus- and Tenerife series have compositions of stacked layers and shades that represent a ledgestone look in contemporary colors. The surface is scratch-resistant, and does not discolor. No extensive experience is needed as the lightweight panels are easy to install on any structurally sound substrate.The color is blended throughout and the stones are polymer reinforced. These gypsum panels are the perfect Do-It-Yourself product as they are as workable as wood for cutting and drilling. See the FAQ page for more information.
- It is highly recommended to order a sample. Go to the sample section of this website and add the sample(s) of your choice to your cart. Order multiple samples of the same product if you want to get a good idea of the seam between stones and the shade variation.
- When measuring your project and ordering the product quantity make sure you order at least 10% extra for cuts, trimming, damaged pieces, and future repairs
- The installation is similar to the installation of wall tiles. It is recommended to read our how to install page
V1 - Uniform Appearance - Differences among pieces from the same production run are minimal
V2 - Slight Variation - Clearly distinguishable differences in texture and/or pattern within similar colors
V3 - Moderate Variation - While the colors present on a single piece of tile will be indicative of the colors to be expected on the other tiles, the amount of colors on each piece may vary significantly. For example 'that little bit of color' on one piece of tile may be the primary color on the next pieces.
V4 - Substantial Variation - Random color differences from tile to tile, so that one tile may have totally different colors from that of other tiles. Thus the final installation will be unique.
PEI is a measurement of the “abrasion resistance” of a panel, meaning how much “rubbing” does it take to physically impact the look of the panel. The test is scored on a scale and each value represents a durability to withstand increasingly more demanding traffic.
PEI 1, Very Light Traffic - These stones can only be used on indoor wall applications with very light residential traffic or as a feature wall decor. These panels are not recommended for any area that will have any constant or heavy traffic.
PEI 2, Light Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications with light residential traffic. These stones should not be used in areas such as kitchens, entry ways, stairs or bathrooms.
PEI 3, Moderate Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications. This stone should not be used in commercial applications.
PEI 4, Moderate to Heavy Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications, and all light commercial applications, such as restaurants and lobbies. This stone should not be used in heavy commercial applications.
PEI 5, Heavy Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications, and all heavy commercial applications, such as airports, shopping malls, supermarkets, etc.
Order a sample first! Product is yellow, more like the picture of the bedroom impression