KinglySlate is THE Flexible Natural Stone Veneer that is revolutionizing the world of stone cladding, giving you the rich and sweeping colors of real stone and the flexibility, sturdiness, and lightness of fiberglass. KinglySlate is an adaptable, durable, and weatherproof stone veneer that can be used on interior as well as exterior walls. The top layer is actual natural stone on a backing of fiberglass resin. The extraordinary production process of KinglySlate makes every sheet unique. Its natural stone with the benefits of being flexible, lightweight, and having low installation and maintenance cost.
KinglySlate is the one and only Do-It-Yourself stone decor product. No costly structural changes needed, and no prior technical knowledge required. For interior installation only tin snips and a caulk gun with a generic construction adhesive are required. For exterior weatherproof installations, please see our installation manual and use KinglySlate Adhesive.
- 100% natural stone surface
- Sheet size (WxH in ft.): 4'x2'
- Sheet thickness: 1/16" - 3/32" (1.5-2.5 mm)
- Weight approx.: 0.32 lbs./sq.ft.
- Strong and flexible
- Backing of translucent fiberglass resin
- Interior and exterior applicable
- Weatherproof and frost resistant
KinglySlate translucent should be applied on a supporting transparent substrate. E.g. glass, plexiglass, polycarbonate, or acrylic. The use of lighting behind the sheet is optional.
- Building facades
- Commercial spaces and offices
- Retail displays and trade exhibitions
- Feature walls
- Columns and pillars
Installation and cutting
- KinglySlate translucent can be cut and trimmed with tin snips or industrial scissors
- For long straight cuts, the use of a hard metal tipped circular saw is recommended. E.g. a table saw with diamond blade or stone saw
- The use of KinglySlate clear adhesive is needed to keep the application translucent and have the best lighting effect.
- Please see the standard KINGLYSLATE installation manual as well as the specific installation steps for KinglySlate translucent.
- The use of KinglySlate sealer is recommended for all applications, as it prevents the buildup of dirt and augments the stone color
Specific installation information for KinglySlate translucent
Specific requirements for the installation of KinglySlate translucent in addition to our standard KINGLYSLATE installation manual. This to keep the result translucent.
1. KinglySlate Translucent should be applied on a supporting transparent substrate: glass, plexiglass, polycarbonate, or acrylic. KinglySlate Translucent is not recommended for flooring applications due to the thickness of the stone.
2. Recommended adhesive: Soudaseal CL is a crystal clear SMX® polymer adhesive. It is permanently elastic after cure (+/- 25%) and has excellent adhesion on porous and non-porous substrates. Completely solvent and isocyanates free, Soudaseal CL does not crack, shrink or discolor after curing. Coverage: 4 ft2 per cartridge. Spread no more adhesive than can be installed in 3 minutes or less.
3. LED tape lights are recommended when you plan to install a light system behind the sheets.