Stone Design Natural Stone Veneer is an interior and exterior applicable ledger panel of neatly stacked strips of natural slate stone or quartzite stone. Our Natural Stone Veneers have major benefits when it is compared to traditional manufactured stone veneer: it is real stone, it is lighter, it is thinner, and it is a real easy DIY installation job. With only 5 lbs. per square feet, easy to handle s-shaped panels, and 4 beautiful natural colors to choose from, Stone Design Natural Stone is the best natural stone veneer for contemporary interior feature walls or exterior siding.
- Contemporary style real slate ledgestone wall decoration
- 5.60 sqft per box based on dry stack application
- Dry stack application is recommended. Adding a mortar joint will increase coverage
- Interlocking S-shaped panels with thin strips of real stone.
- Panel size (WxHxD): 16"x7"x.6"
- Large variety of color nuances and patterns
- Interior and exterior applicable
- Every sheet is unique: it is natural stone
- Can be used for interior walls, exterior cladding, bathroom walls, fireplace surrounds, back splashes, over ceramic, concrete, and wood
- Water and weather proof. A regular transparent stone sealer is recommended to augment the stone color
- Heat, moist, and frost resistant
- Shade Variation: V2 - Slight Variation
- PEI rating: PEI 5 - Heavy Traffic
- Highly durable, environmentally friendly, and cost effective
- Dutch Quality Stone: designed in The Netherlands
Stone Design natural stone panels are hand-picked and designed to project a contemporary look and style, by fusing the most beautiful characteristics of natural stone with modern design thinking. The clean, simple, and aesthetically pleasing lines turn any interior or exterior wall into a eye-catching wall. The interlocking system of tightly stacked real slate and quartzite ledgestone make it easy to install. The Z-shape of the veneer wall panels allow for a seamlessly installation and make it easy to go around internal and external corners. Stone Design natural stone is durable, easy to clean, does not discolor, and is moist-, frost-, and heat resistant. No extensive experience is needed, the thin panels are easy to install on any structurally sound substrate.Natural ledgestone panels are made of thin and tightly stacked real quartzite and slate strips. The versatile textures and colors of natural stone give your project warmth and beauty. We take great pride in the fact that we were able to produce very thin panels of natural stone. The easy to handle lightweight panels, do not need additional structural support. See the FAQ page for more information. This product is moist-, frost- and heat resistant and can be used in interior and exterior applications.
- It is highly recommended to order a sample. Simply change the size to 'sample' right above the 'Add to Cart' button, or order a sample in the sample section of this website. Order multiple samples of the same product if you want to get a good idea of the seam between stones and the shade variation.
- When measuring your project and ordering the product quantity make sure you order at least 10% extra for cuts, trimming, damaged pieces, and future repairs
- The installation is similar to the installation of wall tiles. It is recommended to read our how to install page
V1 - Uniform Appearance - Differences among pieces from the same production run are minimal
V2 - Slight Variation - Clearly distinguishable differences in texture and/or pattern within similar colors
V3 - Moderate Variation - While the colors present on a single piece of tile will be indicative of the colors to be expected on the other tiles, the amount of colors on each piece may vary significantly. For example 'that little bit of color' on one piece of tile may be the primary color on the next pieces.
V4 - Substantial Variation - Random color differences from tile to tile, so that one tile may have totally different colors from that of other tiles. Thus the final installation will be unique.
PEI is a measurement of the “abrasion resistance” of a panel, meaning how much “rubbing” does it take to physically impact the look of the panel. The test is scored on a scale and each value represents a durability to withstand increasingly more demanding traffic.
PEI 1, Very Light Traffic - These stones can only be used on indoor wall applications with very light residential traffic or as a feature wall decor. These panels are not recommended for any area that will have any constant or heavy traffic.
PEI 2, Light Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications with light residential traffic. These stones should not be used in areas such as kitchens, entry ways, stairs or bathrooms.
PEI 3, Moderate Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications. This stone should not be used in commercial applications.
PEI 4, Moderate to Heavy Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications, and all light commercial applications, such as restaurants and lobbies. This stone should not be used in heavy commercial applications.
PEI 5, Heavy Traffic - These stones can be used on all indoor wall applications, and all heavy commercial applications, such as airports, shopping malls, supermarkets, etc.
Thin but robust material. We had to invest in new wet tile saw to get the job done. But the result looks beautiful. We'll send you pictures!