Shipping Options & Restrictions
The available shipping options per product type are displayed in the checkout of this website. Some products are restricted to only shipment with small parcel service (UPS), and some are restricted to only shipping by freight (pallet).
In our online checkout you will always see the discounted rates that we get offered by our shipping partners. We do not charge any handling fee, nor do we charge order processing cost. The shipping charge you see is 1-on-1 the price we pay to book the shipping with the carrier.
Fragile Tile Order
A range of fragile tiles are restricted to shipment by pallet only. As small parcel shipment will result in damage in transit and mutual disappointment. In checkout you will only see ‘LTL/Freight’ as the shipping option. Please make sure you order enough for your project with these types of tile! Additional orders of as little as 1 box also must ship on a pallet, making the shipping cost extremely expensive compared to the product cost.
Order Processing & Transit Time
- Typically, we pick, pack, and ship orders in 1 business day.
- Freight orders might take an additional day, as we are dependent on the availability of the freight carrier pick up.
- We ship out of central PA and shipments take 2-3 business days for East Coast delivery addresses, and 5-7 business days for West Coast delivery addresses.
- Freight order delivery is dependent on setting up a delivery appointment. You will receive tracking information as the order has been picked up, and the freight carrier will contact you as soon as the shipment is in the vicinity of the delivery address.
Freight Delivery & Inspection
All large orders and small orders with fragile tile will be shipped on a pallet with a freight carrier. By default, these shipments are booked with curbside delivery, and always with direct delivery. Direct delivery meaning that the carrier company that is picking up at our warehouse will be the company making the final delivery at your jobsite. We do not allow them to work with sub-contractors and/or unreliable 'guys with a truck'!
Please follow the steps below to prepare for delivery of your freight order
- You will receive an email from our customer service team with carrier and tracking information once the shipment is picked up from our warehouse by the freight carrier.
- When the shipment is in the vicinity of the delivery address the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery appointment.
- Please make sure that the phone number you have provided with your order is the correct number for the freight company to call. Or provide an alternative phone number by contacting the freight company ahead of time through their website with the tracking number as a reference.
- Generally, the delivery time windows are scheduled during normal business hours. Curbside delivery is included. Please note that you may need to have at least one person available to help the driver with unloading. If you do require additional help from the carrier, such as inside delivery, you can request that service. Any additional charges for custom unloading will be at your expense.
The day of delivery:
- Prepare for your delivery - please make sure your driveway (the curbside) is clear and accessible for a truck.
- Once the delivery truck has arrived, ask the driver for the delivery slip.
- Have your items removed from the truck and inspect received packages and box contents for any possible damages and irregularities.
- All orders are inspected prior to shipment, and are in perfect condition as they leave our warehouse, and hopefully they arrive at the delivery address the same way. But unfortunately, damage in transit does occur…
- Note all damages on the delivery slip. Please see below for more information why this is highly important. Please also make pictures in all stages, and from as many angles as possible.
- Make also sure all items stated on the delivery slip are received.
- Sign the delivery slip and return it to the driver. A signed customer copy should be given in return.
- In case of damages or missing items please refer to our replacement policy below;
Whoever accepts the delivery must inspect the material and note any damage on the delivery slip before the driver leaves. You need to make sure that the order is inspected when delivered. If you are not going to be the one accepting the order, you must make sure that the person signing the order is capable of doing so. You cannot sign the paperwork and let the driver leave until the order has been thoroughly inspected. If there is any damaged material, it must be noted on the paperwork in order for us to issue replacement material to you and for us to be properly reimbursed by the trucking company. If there is any damaged material, we will immediately reship your replacement for this material, as long as it was noted in the paperwork.
Damages Noted: If there is any damaged material at the time of delivery and is duly noted on the delivery slip, accompanied with an email sent to us within 24 hours of delivery with a copy of delivery slip and pictures of damages - we will immediately process your replacement for the material.
Damages not Noted: If there is any damaged material that is not mentioned on the delivery slip, we will still file a claim with the carrier provided we get an email with damaged images within 24 hours of delivery. However free replacements will be sent out only after the carrier approves the said claim in full. As this claim process takes time, the common practice is for you to order additional material through a new order on our website, and we will reimburse you on the original order as we get the claim approved by the carrier. This process might take up to 180 days.
Damaged Shipment disposal: In either case, it is assumed that shipment is being sent out to a construction/job site with available disposal options of construction material and accepted or damaged pieces and pallet from the carrier have to be disposed at the expense of the customer/buyer/receiver after confirming with us via email. Do not dispose of any material and/or packaging without our confirmation!
Because of the delicate nature of the product, return shipments almost always result in damages and disappointment on both sides. Therefore, we do not accept customer returns other than specified in our replacement policy below.
All our sales are final. However, we accept the responsibility for replacements when there are items in your order that are damaged upon delivery. The products that leave our warehouse are in perfect condition, but we do recognize that damage in transit may occur.
If you receive your order with damages or items are missing upon arrival, please accept the shipment but make sure to note the damages and/or missing items on the delivery slip and have it signed by the carrier. Next step is to contact us within 24 hours of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the signed delivery slip, your order information, and with more details and photos of the damage or missing items. It is essential that you contact us within 24 hours, so we can claim damages and/or missing items with the carrier. After this deadline we have to assume the delivery was without damages or missing items.
Our top priority is to keep your project on schedule. In case of replacement under our replacement policy we will ship out additional material that solves your problem as quickly as possible. Our customer service team will keep you updated with shipping information and tracking number. When it is not possible to ship out additional material (e.g. product is currently out of stock), you will be allowed to ship the order back to us for a refund. You will be given a return registration number (RRN), instructions and a return shipping address. After our examination and approval of the returned product, we will refund the purchase price of your order.
PRESENT USA is not liable for any consequential cost and damages (e.g. project delay, extra installation costs) arising from receiving damaged products.
Sample purchases are not returnable, not refundable, and excluded from the replacement policy